Public Health Nursing Institute for Continuing Excellence's Interview with the New Chief Public Health Nurse
For this webinar, you will be introduced to Dr. Susan Little, learn her background, her vision for NC Public Health Nursing, and important projects that will impact your practice as a public health nurse in North Carolina. Within the interview, Dr. Little references several resources that we would like to share with you:
- Certification in Public Health: Credentialing Public Health Leaders – CPH
- NC SAVE Act (SB 143/HB 185) – Safe, Accessible, Value Directed and Excellent Health Care throughout North Carolina by Modernizing Nursing Regulations.
- The American Association of Nurse Practitioners position statement on the use terms such as mid-level provider and physician extender.
Information for completing the professional development evaluation and earning contact hours will be provided at the end of the video. Enjoy!
For technical difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Quad Council Coalition Community/Public Health Nursing Competencies: Development • Dissemination • Adoption
- The Quad Council Coalition of Public Health Nursing Organizations is jointly providing this educational webinar with 1.0 CNE contact hours in partnership with the North Carolina Division of Public Health’s Public Health Nursing and Professional Development Unit. The webinar covers the process of developing the 2018 Quad Council Competencies for Community and Public Health Nursing and strategies to disseminate and adopt the revised competencies.
- Access webinar information here.
- 2018 Community/Public Health Nursing (C/PHN) Competencies.
C/PHN Competencies in Public Health Nursing Practice: A Self-Study & Self-Reflection Activity
The North Carolina Division of Public Health’s Public Health Nursing and Professional Development Unit is providing this educational activity with 5.5 contact hours.
Continuing Education for RNs New to Public Health: Public Health Nurse Ready
Public Health Nurse Ready (PHN Ready) is an online certificate program for RNs working in public health, or desiring to know about how public health works. All courses are self-paced and online. This certificate is for RNs who are new to a public health department, agency, or setting. The courses in this certificate provide a foundation of core public health concepts and practices. Topics include: cultural competency, public health literacy, public health policy, basic epidemiology, core functions and essential services of public health. These courses reflect the core public health competencies set forth by the Quad Council of Public Health Nursing Organizations. Most courses providing continuing education credits.
American Nurses Coaliton Certification (ANCC)
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.