Links and publications
Joy F. Reed Leadership Scholarship
- Core Functions of Public Health and How They Relate to the 10 Essential Services
- The Public Health System & the 10 Essential Public Health Services
- The Community Guide: Your Online Guide of What Works to Promote Healthy Communities
State Nursing Organizations
- The Quad Council Coalition of Public Health Nursing Organizations is jointly providing this educational webinar with 1.0 CNE contact hours in partnership with the North Carolina Division of Public Health’s Public Health Nursing and Professional Development Unit. The webinar covers the process of developing the 2018 Quad Council Competencies for Community and Public Health Nursing and strategies to disseminate and adopt the revised competencies.
- Access webinar information here.
National Nursing Organizations
The North Carolina Division of Public Health’s Public Health Nursing and Professional Development Unit is providing this educational activity with 5.5 contact hours.
Other Public Health Organizations and Resources
Public Health Nurse Ready (PHN Ready) is an online certificate program for RNs working in public health, or desiring to know about how public health works. All courses are self-paced and online. This certificate is for RNs who are new to a public health department, agency, or setting. The courses in this certificate provide a foundation of core public health concepts and practices. Topics include: cultural competency, public health literacy, public health policy, basic epidemiology, core functions and essential services of public health. These courses reflect the core public health competencies set forth by the Quad Council of Public Health Nursing Organizations. Most courses providing continuing education credits.